Monday, October 25, 2010

Queen Mary's Dark Harbor

This is like my brothers 3rd or 4th year working as a monster at the Queen Mary during the Halloween season scaring people. He was able to get Gabe,my dad and I free tickets to Dark Harbor so the 3 of us went this past Saturday night.From the highway over the passage to the Queen Mary you can see huge flames being shot up into the air..it was Really cool.
When you walk in this Mc is quite entertaining making fun of people and entertaining everyone. He was really funny. He stands above a huge container which a ton of them were set up to be like a big maze into the Queen Mary dark harbor event. The containers were full of dimming lights and fog and scary noise.
Inside there is the Dark Harbor Queen welcoming everyone to their death!
There is this little stage and lounge area outside where bands and dj's played and the bars were all lined up. All kinds of twisted metal and sea stuff and lights.
Gabe making his scary face..I took this while we were in line for a cocktail! We met up with Thelma and her sister and niece and Toni was there as well.
Thelma and the kids went off to do mazes and Toni hung out to get a drink then hit up mazes with us. We got the Shipwreck Cocktail...It was good with fruit juices, rum, orange liquor and a float of dark rum. Gabe shared mine with me.
Toni and I with our shipwrecks and now off to the first maze on the ship which was Hellfire...that is the one my brother works on..
We waited in line forever!! We finally got in and it was like the boiler room of the ship. We had a scare here and there. We found my brother!! I had Toni take a picture with him..I didn't quite get Gabe though. It was a pretty small space.
My brother walked out with us to the end of the maze . He had not taken a break so said he was going to take his. When we got out we walked over to upgrade to a Fright Pass which let's you go to the front of the line of the mazes. We figure since we got in for free why not upgrade cause then we won't spend the whole time in lines. It was soo worth it. While we were walking it was pretty funny watching my brother spook people around the park..Gabe was laughing saying I could watch your brother do this all night!
They had a freak show going on as well. We were so much more relaxed with the Fright pass..now we could actually drink, enjoy the shows and go right in and out of the mazes. Here is a girl hammering a nail in her nose!
The next maze we went on was Submerged! My brother's girlfriend is also working this year at the Queen Mary and this is the maze she is working on so we set on our journey to find her. This maze was giving you the image of being in a sinking ship. It was a little freaky!
You find this crazy creature hanging over the infamous pool.
Hey we know this girl!
After the Submerged maze it was time for bathroom and ATM breaks
The ship!
My dad!
We had another round of drinks and then headed to The Cage maze which was in the DOME.
When you walk in you walk this long passage way into a movie screen of skulls and right on the other side is just pure darkness with only lazer lights. It was super cool looking! Here is how dark it is without the flash.
With the flash! When you walk in your surround by black curtains or sheets hanging and you have to try and find your way out on your own..We got so lost we were just laughing trying to find the way out and kept running into other people who were like WTH how to we get outta here. Once you figure your way out of this fabric maze you find yourself on a path through craziness..wall covered in mirrors, and ghouls coming out of nowhere and many many surprises that i cannot reveal all over this maze..this place had the feel much more of a crazy demented fun house!
This picture is so funny...I took this picture in The cage I walked way ahead of them and hurried to grab a quick shot! Classic!
This part I seriosuly almost peed myself! You walk through all these cages/fences and in one of the path ways was all these hanging bodies anyways I was running through the bodies and waiting for Gabe and Toni at the other end ..I was standing with my back against the fence ( fool) and did not realize there was a monster in the cage that lounding started banging this metal plate hanging on the fence and it scared me sooo bad I started screaming to Toni I think I just peed myself a little!
Gabe inside The CAGE It was sooo foggy
Walking out of the Cage you just follow this light...intreresting surprise when you get into that room! after The Cage maze we went into the Village of the Damned maze and that was all of our favorites...I think we ALL got the crap scared out of us inthat one!
My brother and Jess met us outside and we visited with them a little and watched them scare people.
I'll get you zombie!!
We went on the last of the 5 mazes which was Containment..this one is also on the ship. It is like a crazy hopital type theme. Gabe and my dad working on one of the bodies!!
After we did containment we started doing repeats on the mazes.
We went back to the Village of the damned! It was even scarier the 2nd time!
There were so many good scares and surpirses in it.
The best is when Gabe hid around a corner to scare me which he did and then as he was laughing walking in front of me some zombie popped out of a window at Gabe and scared him straight into a spin...Gabe spun around sevral time screaming right into a wall..it was the hilarious..I think we were all crying from laughing so hard!
After going on the Village of the Damned we went back to The cage again. Here is Toni and I getting ready to walk through the curtain into this Mad crazy funhouse!
It was almost the end of the event. A lot of people were now hanging outside in the lounge area dancing and listening to the dj's and there were even monsters dancing and having fun with the guests! Since we only had about ten minutes left to closing we went to the Hellfire maze to see my brother in action one last time then we headed on home.
I have to say..between this and Knott's this is much more of a place to hang out and drink with friends and dance and have scary fun mazes to do for the whole evening. It is hard to do that at Knott's cause you don't really get the chance to do all the mazes if you want to hang out. I would LOVE to go back!

1 comment:

Thelma said...

wow you took some awesome pictures! I didn't take any in the mazes at all. boo. It was very cool but yes you need a fast pass definately. I'm glad we got there early cause the last 2 mazes the lines were very long.