Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Breakfast and Blacksmiths

We just love the Norms around the corner from where we live. It has been there for so many years. We just love how they kept up with the old mid century feel and the food and service is ALWAYS great! We go out to breakfast EVERY Sunday and I think this may just have to become our regular place.

To keep the kids entertained we all colored on the kiddie menu.
Gabe and I took turns playing a Game that was basically who first can guess what character I'm drawing......This was Gabe's drawing...do you know who it is?????

Ava was drawing circles and doing the mazes and other scribble
Gabe got his usual Man's breakfast of steak and eggs with a side of hash brown...I had a bite of the steak it was so soft and delicious!
I had the loaded hash browns with eggs and a side of biscuits and gravy and lots Of coffee!! Ava shared my breakfast with me. Parker had a burger.
After breakfast I had to pick up some stuff from the pet store and we went over to Blacksmith's Corner Feed and Pet store. I used to go here all the time as a little kid. The place looks like a big red barn. It brings many fond memories for me as a child and hopefully it will do the same for my kids. Ava was getting a kick out of the blacksmith talking to her and greeting her.
These baby ducklings were so adorable!
Ava loved the little chicks! Only 5 bucks a piece. Gabe and I are so tempted to get a chicken coop and just have a couple for our own fresh eggs.
The quails were making all kinds of noise.
We went outside to look at all the geese,ducks,hens and roosters.
As much as Ava wanted to pet the goose we had to keep a very close eye on her not too.
However the hens and the roosters and ducks that were free roaming throughout the store were more then happy to let the kids and Gabe and I pet them.
This one was Ava's favorite. He was really friendly. The little black hen was pecking the crap outta my hand ( didn't hurt) but was really good when the kids would pet her she would not even attempt to peck at them and even laid on the ground still to let them pet her.
It was a really nice time. Parker did not want to leave nor did Ava for that matter. I have a feeling we will be taking a lot of trips to Blacksmiths corner. We have to support our little local family businesses!

1 comment:

Thelma said...

mmmm...Norms is good anytime! yeah that pet and feed store has been there FOREVER!!