Monday, June 13, 2011

Spaghetti Sauce!

Well I managed to do it again..Loose my camera cord for the Umpteeth time..*sigh*


Anyway I though cause I needed to Post SOMETHING why not of stuff I took on my cell phone...just wish I knew how to get the pictures bigger.


Well I guess this blog will be about my first Homemade Meat Spaghetti Sauce I made last Friday for my gal friends. Our Friday night consisted of Toni bringing over a very nice fresh chicken Salad, I made the spaghetti and had fresh french bread from a little french bakery by my work, and Thelma brought some slices of Tirimsu from Babbette's on 2nd street in Long Beach.


We sat out back for a while sipping on wine talking about our week and what to wear for Ink and Iron the next day , laughing at Ava being silly and then trying to catch a water bug in the bushes (blechhh) She ADORES bugs.


We went inside tried some outfits on, then finally once the vino kicked it we got started on dinner and popped in My DVD box set of Sex and The City. A nice Girly hang out!


ANYWAYS...to what this post is really all about...My Fabulous Spaghetti sauce..I think it was fantastic! My husband has been telling me how it
was the best sauce he has ever had in his life..not to shabby considering he has worked at a few Italian restaurants for several years and not to mention all the dining we have done as well.

This recipe consists of the ingredients below which we ALL chopped in my Tupperware Quick Chef. Everything thing( minus my garlic and Half My onion) chopped was thrown all together in one big mixing bowl.
1 Large Can of Tomato Puree
1 heaping tablespoon of tomato paste
4 roma tomato's
6 large white mushrooms
1 bell pepper
1/2 white onion
1 whole sweet onion
5 slice from a garlic clove
1 small can minced black olives
1/4 cup of sugar
Salt to your liking
Black Pepper to your liking
2 tablespoons of Italian spices from a shaker
fresh sweet Basil from my plant
1 cup red wine ( I used a Zin for the Rich Bold Flavor)
3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
Oh yeah and ground Italian Sausage I think I got 1 or 2 lbs

In a pretty good size POT I heated my oil and added in the Garlic and Onion and cooked until brown on a med flame.

Once browned I added my cup of wine and fresh basil leaves. I simmered those for about 10 minutes..The smell was so great..I just wanted to stick my whole head in the pot!

Then I added the Can of Tomato Puree and rest of the veggies and can olives

I stirred everything in until everything was coated with the tomato puree

Once all the rest of the veggies were mixed in I put on the lid and put at a Med heat. I then began to prep my meat.

I got all my ground Italian sausage and browned in in a good size sauce Pan. I did not cook it through and through cause I wanted it to cook a bit in the sauce too to add all those flavors. Once the meat was cooked and stiffened and browned I then chopped it up into smaller pieces in my Tupperware Quick chef ( Man do I love it..Need a new one soon)

Once my Meat was done I mixed it in the pot with the rest of my sauce added my Italian Spices..put on the lid and simmered it for 3.5 hours.

The first hour as I let everything cook and shrink I added in My sugar,Salt,pepper and Tomato Paste. I check in on it every 15 min and Stir it up..( someone should invent a device that is heat powered that you can clip on to your pot and you can set a timer and it automatically stirs your food for you at whatever timing pace you set it at..wouldn't that be Great!!! I thought about this with my vino buzz every time I would have to excuse myself to stir my sauce)


My final outcome was a very hearty and rich in Flavor ( almost tasted like Pizza) Hit spaghetti sauce. I think even in one hour the sauce would have been tasty but if you have the time for a real treat start mid day to really get your sauce to cook and develop all those flavors it is worth it!


We ended up eating the rest for breakfast on Sunday and Yep..tasted just as good as Friday!

1 comment:

Thelma said...

OMG let me tell you! It was sooo good. Yeah I can eat that anytime of day too!