Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Suburbia is not complete...

Without a good ol faithful Milkman to bring fresh milk every week.
Today was the first day of having fresh Milk delivered to our doorstep from Rockview Farms. Rockview Farms is located in Downey which is not far from Lakewood where we now live.

When I read how there was still good ol fashioned Milk Man out there hard at work I knew I had to have it.

The Milk is not too much more then what you would pay at the grocery store and I love that it is delivered Ice Cold at your doorstep within 72 hours of being milked from the cow.

This morning I woke up at 5:45am and Gabe checked the door at 6am and there was a gallon of Milk and a Half gallon there of chocolate milk for the kids and the menu of extra things that we can order fresh from the farm such as sour cream,whip cream,half and half,butter,yogurt...they also will deliver fresh baked goods from a local bakery and a box of organic local grown vegetables!

On the last Wednesday of each month I am billed for my products I ordered or I can slip a check for the milk man underneath the welcome mat. I just LOVE it!

One day I hope I am up early enough to meet our new Milk Man..I hope he is cute (hahaha Just Kidding)

4 comments:

Amy, David, Cambria, and Baylen said...

That just maybe the coolest thing ever! Does it come in the glasses to?

Iris said...

I just got mine in plastic jugs. The labels are different though from what you see at the grocery store. I think you can get the pints in glass but not the gallons.

annahs said...

That is awesome! It's very country where I'm at, lol. With a little sweat equity, I can raid my friends veggie gardens & I know a couple of hunters, my sister makes deer jerky to die for.

This is Shanna btw.

Iris said...

Shanna!
When is the next time you will be out in Cali? We have to get together!
yeah I hope to get a veggie garden of my own soon!