Thursday, December 29, 2011

Good Ol Shrinky Dinks

I spend pretty much most of my evenings alone with the kiddos and we are always trying to find new fun things to do. Every once in awhile I go to Micheal's when they are having sales and try and find some fun arts and crafts kits on sale. Of course over the Christmas season there was all kinds of sales going on. I found some Shrinky Dink kits for 4.50!! I have not done Shrinky Dinks since I was like Parker's Age!
                                                             
 The kids were having a blast watching them in the stove shrink up.
 If you are not sure of what Shrinky Dinks I will explain. You get this BIG sheet of Stencils and a BUNCH of little clear plastic sheets. You find a shape you like and trace and color. For example Ava had me do this Ice Cream Cone. I used color pencils and filled it in. I then Cut out the ice cream and place it on a cookie sheet ( i used this ol beat up cookie sheet )
 You pop it in the oven for about 1-3 minutes and it shrinks into this hard plastic mini ice cream cone. You can cut a hole in it before hand and make some charms.
 Ava with her spaghetti face ( we made these like Immediately after dinner) I made the mistake of putting this owl on a pizza sheet...it got stuck in the holes.
We made SO MANY plastic dinks that night that Ava cried when I finally put them away..I just could not do anymore. I know..I suck as an adult. If I were a kid every single shrinky Dink would have been done!



1 comment:

Amy, David, Cambria, and Baylen said...

OMG. I Loved doing those. I need to find some. To bad we dont have a window in our oven!