Friday, July 27, 2012

I did it....

Well ...I finally did it....I joined a Gym. They had a really great offer going on so I had to take advantage. I signed Ava up too for their kid care so she can come with  when I go. My brother who now lives close by goes to this gym and got me to sign up so we can go together. This is a really small gym but always packed and has nice equipment and is CLOSE BY! They are currently building a HUGE new 24 Hour Fitness even closer to me which I am going to join once it is up and running but in the meantime I will do my workouts here. My health insurance also has a program that they will pay my gym monthly fees up to 25.00!

 I did a good hour work out yesterday and I been counting calories like crazy the past couple weeks. I used to smoke every once in awhile but I am officially stopped since I am on my road to fit PLUS I want am doing the zombie run in October with some friends that I cannot flake out on!

I been working out at home but I get lazy and tend not to push myself as hard. Yesterday I had a GREAT workout and it beat me down just a little...I am not sore today but I know tomorrow I will be feeling it. I also spoke with a trainer there who gave me some advice and I am really considering doing the 8 week personal trainer program. He said he can get me to lose 20 lbs in 70 days. However I may fall out with the high intense 25 minute workout but he said in that 25 minutes twice a week I will burn 1000 calories each time...that is of course I don't DIE right there on the spot.
Anyway...I am looking forward to spending my time after work at the gym and my weekend Mornings there as well.  Wish me luck!

No comments: