Monday, September 13, 2010

Goodbye old friend

Yesterday I got some sad news in the morning that my best Guy friend had passed away. He was suffering from COPD and has been fighting very hard the past few months to get better. I talk to him on the phone just a few weeks ago and he did have labored breathing on the phone but sounded very optimistic about getting better.

Adrian and I met in high school. We had career guidance class together. He was newer to the school and was a attractive, slim, happy go lucky, class clown! A lot of my gal friends thought he was cute and he was pretty popular with the ladies.
Adrian and I have always just been friends and never ventured out to a route where we would ever consider being a couple. We were just almost instant best friends...siblings really.
The first words he ever said to me was " Hey, Can I throw a ditching party at your house?"..I replied back"ok".
From then on we hung out ALL the time, he was really close to my parents and my brother as well. As a matter of fact after I grew up and moved out of my parents house he still would go stay with my brother and parents house for the weekend. He often came over for the holidays and always said that me and my family were his family..his 2nd family.
I have so many fond memories of him. Long conversations, we would drink and play cards or games, we would go to gigs and hang out. He loved Parker. When we were in a bind and had no sitter for Parker Adrian would take a metro down to Long Beach and watch him for us. Parker LOVED Adrian. We would come home and Adrian would tell us what he cooked for Parker for dinner and the two of them would be playing video games together.
One of those crazy nights hanging with Adrian! He has always had health issues. We knew that he always slept restlessly. He snored so loud like he was always gasping for air. He would fall asleep standing up then wake up and have to eat then back to sleep and then eat again. During the last few times I saw him he seemed to be getting really bad. We always told him to go to the doctor and get checked out and he was just too stubborn to do it.
One thing about Adrian..he was the most caring, non judgemental, fun, loud, outspoken, crazy guy I have ever known.
He lived his life fast and hard and he always knew that he would have a short life. He often talked about death. Yesterday after I got the sad news I called my brother who was also close to Adrian and he came over and we cried and cried..then my mom came over and cried as well and then my dad came over and he was sad as well. We all had a round of stiff drinks and remembered good times and shared funny stories and we played a song he always told me he wanted played when he dies.... I just can't believe he is gone. He had so much more he wanted to accomplish in his life.
RIP Adrian Thomas Lookadoo Feb 2 1977-September 12 2010
You will never be forgotten!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDDJYuvweIU

1 comment:

Thelma said...

looking at his pictures is so hard,I'm trying to keep my cool but it's just too hard. I will miss him.